Thursday, January 3, 2013


I haven’t done a “blog” thingy since August 16,2010. Last entry I did was complain about the tigers not playing well during the second half of the season after the all star break, Michigan’s product with Richard, and of course the LOLions problems at defense. But I’m not gonna talk about sports here cause something has been on my heart for a while and it kinda sparked a flame during the new years party I was at.

I don’t force God on you guys at all. I just think talking about it a lot turns people away. You know what I believe and if you have a question about it ask away if not cool. If your not a Christian at all and don’t like God then it’s all good to, I still love yea. I hope me writing this makes you think about stuff so here it goes...

I’ve been attending Troy Baptist/Woodside for pretty much half of my life since Easter of 95. I can’t imagine where I would be if it wasn’t for this church and the people there. A few people that have impacted my life. 1 - DAD, 2 - OPA, 3 - Pastor Schmidt, 4 - Cliff Johnson, and 5 - Marc Davidson. I could name a couple more but I don’t wanna do that. These men show me how to live as a man of God. I really can’t thank them enough for what they have taught me about different things in my walk. Few thoughts here...

My ughhhh to God: I somewhat said on nye via twitter how I felt about 2013. I kinda went on a little tweet blitz but it’s just being honest. I really hate being single to be honest with yea. I’m really miserable being a single 31 year old loser. I don’t know why I consider myself as a loser but I do. It’s the top struggle in my life. I’m sure most single guys out there are going thru the same stuff but your not 31. Not gonna lie it’s jealous seeing your friends get married and are having kids. It really does suck trusting God in this. I know he’s got a plan for me in it but I don’t know what it is. I ask God the question why not me ? It sucks guys. I get restless nights thinking these things. I’m sure it’s Satan putting thoughts in my head. I see people like really he’s getting married while I’m being ugh. It’s hard sorry. 

Praising God: I’m very thankful to be apart of a great family. It’s humbling to have great parents and grandparents. My friends mean a lot to me. I really hope I’m not annoying with hey text’s or yooooo text’s but I really care about you guys. It’s awesome to have such a good group of friends. 
Also I’m very thankful that I go to a church that’s beyond words I can’t say. Woodside is an amazing church. If you don’t have a church home go check out Woodside. They have many campus’ around here and go check it out. I’ve been praying for the last 3 or so years now that there would be a church in Detroit that maybe I could attend. I love this city and to see it go to God would be so great. 
So when Cliff told me last July about it I was so on board. It was pretty much time for me to move on from Lighthouse in what I was doing with that, it was just perfect timing. 
There’s a song that Kristian Stanfill sings it’s called I’m Not Ashamed, it’s a really fast paced song to sing. Anyways at the end after the drummer crashes the keyboard just plays softly to a second bridge. Whenever I hear it I think about Detroit. It says the following.

We'll be that city on a hill 
Burning brightly
We'll be a light to the world
Shining Your Glory

When I first heard it I thought about Detroit right away. Yea I’m not a fan of their city council or their leaders, actually they have been a complete embarrassment but you gotta pray for em. My prayer for this city is that we will be that light to the city. I really think we are slowly but surely. Seeing Detroit go to God man it’s gonna be something. Just singing that man gives yea chills thinking about it. We’ll be that city on the hill burning brightly, We’ll be a light to the world shining Your Glory whew. Just hearing stuff about what’s going on in the city is awesome. 
I know some of you from out of town have never been to Detroit. Yea there are some bad parts in this city, but there’s bad parts in Chicago, LA, NYC, Miami, Minneapolis, anywhere pretty much. There’s a thing called common sense. Just gotta be careful wherever you go. I just wanna challenge some of you who don’t come here. Come enjoy the city. Just don't bash the city cause you never visit. Come then judge for yourself. Hanging out down there is awesome. Watching the tigers, then eating out at a local establishment is great. 

If you have any thoughts or opinions you know where to find me. Love you all.... c

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your thoughts. I'm sure you will find someone to share your life with. In the meantime, you are not a loser! There are many people who do not find someone til they're 40 - keep looking and praying...Maybe thru this blog and others praying with you - someone will come along in your life. Glad you have a good church to connect with.

    ReplyDelete